Kipor 20SS3 diesel generator – silence is golden
The amazing low-noise quality of the Kipor 20SS3 diesel generator has made it a hit for farmers throughout South Africa.
Silence is golden in most environments where generators are required and the Kipor 20SS3’s sound attenuation canopy, which features a flame-proof, heat-resistant, rock wool sound insulation, provides truly remarkable noise retention.
Other outstanding features and benefits include:
- More Powerful Performance – exclusive Kipor technology provides greater starting capability for large loads such as central air conditioners while still running other home appliances and electronics.
- Automatic, Hands-off Operation – in the event of a power outage, the generator automatically restores power whether you’re there or not.
- Safer Power for Sensitive Electronics – protects all of your valuable appliances and sophisticated electronics with cleaner, safer and stable power.
- Easier Service and Installation – new easy-connection terminal block provides faster, more flexible installations while LED Display provides superior diagnostic capability.
Smith Power offers a range of generators from 1kVA to 1MVA for a multitude of different applications.
For more information phone Smith Power on: 011 284 2000.
Kubota Mini Excavators a hit on S.A. Farms.
Since Smith Power Equipment’s launch in August 2014 of the Kubota u-30 and u-50 mini excavators demand for them from South African farmers has grown rapidly.
Kubota’s zero boom-swing allow the mini excavator to operate without having to move while the zero tail-swing always keeps the tail of the mini-excavator within track-width when swivelling. These features enable operation in tight and confined spaces.
The integration of these two crucial features, plus its dominant position globally in the field of compact industrial diesel engines below 100HP, has made Kubota’s successes in the mini-excavator market unparalleled world-wide.
Other unique features and benefits include:
- Four Simultaneous Operations – Bucket, boom, arm and swing can be operated simultaneously and smoothly.
- Jacking Capability – even when idling, the excavator can be jacked up with the bucket or blade.
- Boom Lowering Prevention – Kubota’s unique anti-drop valve prevents accidental lowering of boom.
- Backup Power Supply – 12V “cigarette lighter” jack provides backup power.
- World-class performance with high output, low fuel consumption and low emission with the Kubota E-TVCS engine.
- Wide and Comfortable Space – the cabin is spacious and offers excellent visibility minimising operator stress and fatigue.
- Swivel Motor with Disc Break – swivel lock pin not required during transportation as swivel is locked automatically when engine switches off.
- Engine Neutral Start – Engine can be started only when safety lever is in the ‘locked’ position. When in this locked position, the machine cannot move thus preventing accidents
- Fully compliant ROPS and FOPS cabin.
New Implements for Polaris and Linhai
Polaris and Linhai ATV’s or Quad bikes from Smith Power Equipment, the most popular Quad bikes for agricultural use in South Africa, now offer a range of world class implements from Quad Master especially designed for Quads.
Quads are fast becoming one of the most the most useful pieces of equipment on any farm and are undoubtedly replacing the tractor for many operations.
QuadMaster, which has forged a special relationship with Smith Power, has made the Quad bike an even more valuable tool by making matching implements and attachments.
The beauty of Quad Master equipment is that it is extremely robust, simple to operate yet functional enough for any farmer to use in a variety of applications. The equipment is designed for four wheelers but can also be used with garden tractors and bakkies.
Smith Power Equipment says that QuadMaster, in essence, have developed a range of versatile equipment which is easy to use and maintain, is designed and built to the highest quality standards and provides practical solutions to many everyday tasks on the farm.
For more information phone Smith Power on: 011 284 2000.
The Inimitable Compact Kubota B2650
Smith Power has justifiably earned a giant reputation for what it has done with Kubota tractors in South Africa over the past few years. At Nampo, amongst other Kubota tractors, we can see the amazing, Kubota B2650, which takes compact tractor capability to a new level.
Amongst its impressive features is its Kubota engine which now has a gross horse power of 19.1 kW and a forward travelling speed of 23 km/h. Kubota are world leaders in designing diesel engines up to 100hp, which meet all the requirements of emission legislation around the world while ensuring exceptional power output together with long life fuel- efficient, smooth and quiet operation.
Other salient features of the B2650 include:
- Multi-function valve enabling single-lever operation of various front implements, rear implements or mid-mount mower.
- The 14.6 HP PTO provides the extra strength required for tough tasks.
- Exceptionally small turning circles are possible by engaging on the run the Bi- Speed system which instantly engages an over-speed gear driving the front wheels at twice the normal speed. During speeds up to 8km/hr the Power Steering action is super easy.
Download the brochure for the B2650 here.
The inner working of a Kubota tractor are unique and many of their features exist in Kubota tractors only. This is part of the reason why they are one the fastest growing tractor brands in Southern Africa and the world.
This article was featured in the Farmers Weekly 8 May 2015.