Steven Shearer, Zimbali’s GM, says that the deal agreed to with Modern Mowers was competitive and that their excellent service levels are appreciated by the Zimbali staff. “No matter how good the machines are, and Club Car is certainly top of the range, the after-market service and support is vital in a deal like this and Zimbali has been working well with Martin Finch from Modern Mowers since 2002,” Shearer says.
He adds that a crucial point about Club Car is its Visage GPS system, which better suits the GPS system at Zimbali. “This was a decided advantage,” Shearer says.
This is not surprising as the integration of connectivity into golf carts was pioneered by Club Car. The result is a solutions platform that is expandable and customizable by the fleet owner. “You decide how many of the connected features you want to add to your fleet–from simple diagnostics, all the way up to Visage™, Club Car’s premier suite of connected features,” explains Stephen Mangold of Smith Power Equipment, the distributors of Club Car in Southern Africa.
The Precedent i2 ushered in a new standard for styling and user experience. Thoughtfully designed with the golfer and operator in mind, it boasts a host of outstanding features including:
- Excel electric drive system features hill descent assist, regenerative braking, and more, for speed-range programming.
- Powerful, quiet petrol or 48V battery-powered engine provides better acceleration and hill climbing ability.
- Thoughtful ergonomics delivering the comfort and features golfers want.
- 360° bumper protects frame and body from damage.
- Monsoon Top™ with built-in drain spouts channels water away from golfers, their clubs and the sweater basket.
- Thoughtfully designed dash and storage make it easy to store and locate personal items.
- Spacious bag-well with centre divider.
- Industry’s tightest turning radius.
This brings to 200 the total of Precedent i2 Club Car golf carts sold in recent months to just three leading golf clubs – 60 to Zimbali, 70 to Country Club Johannesburg (CCJ) and 70 to Copperleaf Golf and Country Estate.
For more information please contact Smith Power Equipment on 011 284 2000. This article was provided by Modern Mowers.
This article was featured in the Landscape SA May-June 2015.
This article was also featured in the GCM – July 2015.